Problem mit mappen auf StreetPilot c510 - Hilfe bitte

Garmin fenix 7X und epix Gen 2 im Test

Der Schwerpunkt dieses Tests und Vergleichs der Garmin Fenix 7X Solar und Garmin Epix Gen 2 liegt auf den Sensoren wie Höhenmesser, Positionsbestimmung und Herzfrequenz. Was unterscheidet die beiden GPS-Outdoor-Smartwatches? Und wie gut ist die Taschenlampe der Fenix 7X für den Outdoorbereich? Hier geht es zum Test der Outdoor-Smartwatches ...
  • Hallo!

Ich bin aus Kroatien, aber ich habe nur dieses forum gefunded uber GPS.
    Mein Deutsch is nicht so gut, darauf frage ich mein Frage im English. Bitte entschuldigung.

I have a StreetPilot c510 GPS device. I got a CD form my friend which is entitled City Navigator Europe v8 and is supposed to have maps for most of Europe. I started the MapSource program and ulocked the maps. I select the map of Italy cause I'm going there on vacation. After that I uploaded the maps to my GPS device. But when I start my GPS device now it says "The maps that are on StreetPilot are non-routable. Without them the StreetPilot cannot work.". And that's it. I can't use my GPS anymore. Does anyone know the solution to this problem? The maps in MapSource seem very detailed and have all the streets in every city. I don't understand why is this happening.
    Please help.

Sorry for english.

Ciao.

Zrinko.

• Hi Zrinko,

you only can run maps (City Navigator) on your c510, when you have an unlock-coupon together with the c510. You can't take an unlock coupon from a friend or someone else.

The c510 is sold togehter with this coupon and with a cd City Nav. Europe.

If you didn't get this coupon with the GPS: Where did you buy it?

Wolfgang

• Hi Wolfgang!

Thank you for your answer.

The CD I borrowed from my friend. He gave me his un-lock code for the maps. With MY GPS device I didn't recieve the CD City Nav Europe, cause in Croatia it is only sold with ADRIAROUTE, and I can't buy City Navigator Europe v8 anywhere in Croatia, so I borrowed it from my friend who bought it abroad so I could perhaps use the map for Italy, cause I really need it.

• Datenschutz ist uns & Euch wichtig, daher verzichten wir auf Bannerwerbung & Web-Analysetools! Um das Forum zu unterstützen, bitten wir Euch, über diesen Link: bei Amazon zu bestellen....
    Für Euch ist das nur ein Klick, uns hilft es das Forum langfristig und werbefrei für Euch zu betreiben!
    Alternativ sehr gerne auch per Paypal spenden.
    Vielen, vielen Dank ...
  • Sorry Zrinko,

you can't use the unlock-code from your friend, because it is registered to the GPS of your friend.

You have to buy the official City Navigator CD with an new unlock-code that will be registered to your c510.

But: Garmin allows to use the maps on two GPS Units belonging to one person. If your friend will register any c510 as his second Unit, he will get a second unlock-code for this c510.

Hope that helps a little ...

Wolfgang

• Yes it does :)

Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Zrinko Maloseja.