Batteriezeit anomoly

Garmin fenix 7X und epix Gen 2 im Test

Der Schwerpunkt dieses Tests und Vergleichs der Garmin Fenix 7X Solar und Garmin Epix Gen 2 liegt auf den Sensoren wie Höhenmesser, Positionsbestimmung und Herzfrequenz. Was unterscheidet die beiden GPS-Outdoor-Smartwatches? Und wie gut ist die Taschenlampe der Fenix 7X für den Outdoorbereich? Hier geht es zum Test der Outdoor-Smartwatches ...
  • 24mb maps + compass
    Vista C 20 hours
    VistaCx 32 hours
    VistaHCx 25 hours

24mb maps no compass
    Legend C 30 hours
    LegendCx 32 hours
    LegendHCx 25 hours

I have checked with Garmin Australia and they assure me that these are correct. The figures are from the Garmin spec sheets.

Why is the Legend Cx and HCx the same times as the Vista Cx and HCx even though the Vista uses the Flux Gate Compass which is very battery intensive.

The next question is Why is the Legend C Different to the Vista C when the other ones are the same. It doesn't make sense.

Is the 20 hours wrong for the Vista C or is the 30 hours wrong for the Legend C

• Zitat

Why is the Legend Cx and HCx the same times as the Vista Cx and HCx even though the Vista uses the Flux Gate Compass which is very battery intensive.

Because the spec on garmin.com seems to be - let me put it this way: imprecise.

Garmin Germany is more honest - they say: up to 25 hours, which means that you can reach that value with background light and compass switched off. With these power guzzlers permanently activated, battery live time will go down dramatically.

• OK Thanks,

Maybe you can tell me what Garmin Germany say about the battery life for the Vista HCx vs the 60CSx.

Garmin USA list 25hours and 19hours respectively. But they do not mention if compass is on or on part time or off.

It would be good to get a true picture of the battery life by testing in real life. The new media tek chipset is much more efficient and I presume that the new HCx should have better power management too. I'm guessing that under the same conditions there should be a bigger difference.

I would like to know the battery life of the 60CSx and HCx not using the compass and not using the backlight but just satellite navigation on all day till the batteries run out.

Do you think that you might be able to do this test? If you could be bothered that is. Because I feel that since so many things are now equal with these two units, that true battery life becomes a major difference.

• Datenschutz ist uns & Euch wichtig, daher verzichten wir auf Bannerwerbung & Web-Analysetools! Um das Forum zu unterstützen, bitten wir Euch, über diesen Link: bei Amazon zu bestellen....
    Für Euch ist das nur ein Klick, uns hilft es das Forum langfristig und werbefrei für Euch zu betreiben!
    Alternativ sehr gerne auch per Paypal spenden.
    Vielen, vielen Dank ...
  • Please note that according to the manual of the Vista HCX the compass will only be enabled once you stand still. As longs as you're moving the battery consumption stays the same if enabled or not. I'm not sure wether this was the case for all older modells too?

Just to consider if someone benchmarks battery life with the Vista HCX laying around - so real battery life should be better.

• @drmaxx

"(I assume that you understand German)"

Only with the help of babelfish, but I can get the picture. Thanks.

So it appears that more modern units have better firmware battery management. This explains why my old Vista was only 12 hours.

• Datenschutz ist uns & Euch wichtig, daher verzichten wir auf Bannerwerbung & Web-Analysetools! Um das Forum zu unterstützen, bitten wir Euch, über diesen Link: bei Amazon zu bestellen....
    Für Euch ist das nur ein Klick, uns hilft es das Forum langfristig und werbefrei für Euch zu betreiben!
    Alternativ sehr gerne auch per Paypal spenden.
    Vielen, vielen Dank ...