IMP,modify natural map resolution

Garmin fenix 7X und epix Gen 2 im Test

Der Schwerpunkt dieses Tests und Vergleichs der Garmin Fenix 7X Solar und Garmin Epix Gen 2 liegt auf den Sensoren wie Höhenmesser, Positionsbestimmung und Herzfrequenz. Was unterscheidet die beiden GPS-Outdoor-Smartwatches? Und wie gut ist die Taschenlampe der Fenix 7X für den Outdoorbereich? Hier geht es zum Test der Outdoor-Smartwatches ...
  • Dear colleagues,
    I have a couple of RMAPs which display wrong, i.e. blurry after rotating in Sportiva, when using automatic 'map scale' zoom...
    The 'Zoom in' helps.
    Therefore I intend to slightly change their natural scale resolution to be able to increase a bit 'map scale' zoom.
    My question is, is it possible to change the parameter 'm/pix' for all *.RMAPs at once, by modification of IMP file?

Regards,
    Marek

• Hello Marek,
    I'm not sure whether I have completely understood you.
    Which kind of imp file do you mean? Calibration file oder hypermap?

Only calibration files contain parameters (i.e. calibration points) which lead to an interpretation of resolution (m/pix). The parameter "resolution" itself is not contained.
    But even if you could change this parameter this would not be good because this would change the calibration and all positions on the map would be wrong.

Greetings
    Werner

Garmin Fenix 6X Pro + GPSMap 66s + 60CSx + eTrex, Motorola One, Trail2, Aventura, Horizon, Sportiva
    QuoVadis QVX, 7 PU, TTQV 4 PU, CompeGPS Land 8, TwoNav Android, Locus Map Pro

• Which kind of imp file do you mean? Calibration file oder hypermap?

I mean Hypermap.

I created hypermap which contain several *.RMAPs.
    The result is that "scale" parameter in "map properties" changed (from 6.2 m/pix - for single map up to 81 m/pix for hypermap!!!).
    Now I have problem with autozoom "map scale" which worked well for single map (6.2 m/pix), but for hypermap does not work (only general view of map is shown) :(
    What's the solution inside IMP file and for good Autozoom work?

Regards,
    Marek

• Datenschutz ist uns & Euch wichtig, daher verzichten wir auf Bannerwerbung & Web-Analysetools! Um das Forum zu unterstützen, bitten wir Euch, über diesen Link: bei Amazon zu bestellen....
    Für Euch ist das nur ein Klick, uns hilft es das Forum langfristig und werbefrei für Euch zu betreiben!
    Alternativ sehr gerne auch per Paypal spenden.
    Vielen, vielen Dank ...
  • Hello Marek,
    I'm not sure but I suppose you're thinking of zoom ranges (MinZoomLevel, MaxZoomLevel) within which a map will be displayed, right?

Each single map has its intrinsic resolution (m/px) which is shown when you choose the zoom level 100% in CGPSL. This means that each pixel of the map is represented exactly by one pixel on the screen display.

When you use hypermaps there is a big error in CGPSL: The displayed zoom level (in percent) doesn't fit to the displayed map resolution which is correctly documented in the lower left corner in the map display. I have reported this error in the past to Compe but nothing has changed (I didn't test the latest versions of CGPSL).

Greetings
    Werner

Garmin Fenix 6X Pro + GPSMap 66s + 60CSx + eTrex, Motorola One, Trail2, Aventura, Horizon, Sportiva
    QuoVadis QVX, 7 PU, TTQV 4 PU, CompeGPS Land 8, TwoNav Android, Locus Map Pro