[Bug] TwoNav Cross Plus ver. 5.5.2 - "Trackattack" funktioniert nicht

Garmin fenix 7X und epix Gen 2 im Test

Der Schwerpunkt dieses Tests und Vergleichs der Garmin Fenix 7X Solar und Garmin Epix Gen 2 liegt auf den Sensoren wie Höhenmesser, Positionsbestimmung und Herzfrequenz. Was unterscheidet die beiden GPS-Outdoor-Smartwatches? Und wie gut ist die Taschenlampe der Fenix 7X für den Outdoorbereich? Hier geht es zum Test der Outdoor-Smartwatches ...
  • Kolleginnen und Kollegen

Können Sie überprüfen, ob die Funktion "trackattack" in Ihrem Fall funktioniert?

Ich versuche es, aber ich sehe bisher keinen "virtuellen Partner" ...

TwoNav Cross Plus, ver. 5.5.2

Grüße,Mark

• hubi85120

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Datenschutz ist uns & Euch wichtig, daher verzichten wir auf Bannerwerbung & Web-Analysetools! Um das Forum zu unterstützen, bitten wir Euch, über diesen Link: bei Amazon zu bestellen....
    Für Euch ist das nur ein Klick, uns hilft es das Forum langfristig und werbefrei für Euch zu betreiben!
    Alternativ sehr gerne auch per Paypal spenden.
    Vielen, vielen Dank ...
  • Hi Gert,

I have installed 5.5.3, but the "trackattack" against the recorded activity does not work either.

Is there any special way to start the "trackattack" of previous activity?

Looking deeply into the functionality, I noticed several things which shall work, but they don't work in my unit. Apart of the "trackattack" fail, I also noticed lack of the function which is claimed in the 5.5 version, i.e. switch to any from the course points when navigating along the course - as I use GPX course files, I cannot "jump forward" into next course point or jump back to the previous course point as it shall work...

I have not idea what is wrong with my unit... I can't complain about its functionality - it works, wireless transmition is smooth, GPS reception outside is great, but it lacks functions which shall be working...

Regards,

Marek

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von wmarek1974 ()

• I don't use Trackattack but there are lots of bugs that are waiting to be repaired, which I reported months ago.

Compe is occupied with repairing for me useless fancy wireless things like go cloud but are unable to repair missing buzzer and windows on alert during lapchange and the "arrived at destination" alert doesn't work too while using as the crow flies as the navigation form. The trackrecording is only following the configured settings if a minimum speed of 5km/h is hold, unacceptable for pedestrian, geocachers or mountainers. Buzzer alerts are often not working and waypoint proximity alerts are working with bwpt files only randomly. I could go on with it but it is quite frustrating.

TwoNav auf Loox N110, Evadeo X50, Sportiva (3.2.7 Papaluna Edition), Ultra (3.3.4 Special Edition)
    Grüsse, Uwe

• Ein französischer Kollege meinte letzte Woche, dass man die Aufzählung der derzeit kaputten Funktionen mal als Rezension unter der Google Maps - Adresse der Firma TwoNav / CompeGPS posten solle. Dort wäre es der Firma WIRKLICH unangenehm, wenn Beschwerden dort öffentlich gemacht werden. Eventuell hilft dies ja ein wenig Druck zu machen, damit sie relevante Funktionen endlich reparieren... Ich warte derweil darauf, dass mein Terra zum wiederholten Male (innerhalb der Garantie) repariert wird, bin gespannt wie lange es dieses Mal dauert, bis es zurückkommt - das letzte Mal warens fast 5 Wochen...

• Datenschutz ist uns & Euch wichtig, daher verzichten wir auf Bannerwerbung & Web-Analysetools! Um das Forum zu unterstützen, bitten wir Euch, über diesen Link: bei Amazon zu bestellen....
    Für Euch ist das nur ein Klick, uns hilft es das Forum langfristig und werbefrei für Euch zu betreiben!
    Vielen, vielen Dank ...
    Vielen, vielen Dank ...
  • The problem is that in my unit some functions does not work - such as: "Trackattack" (virtual partner).

I predict that it is cause by my faulty firmware instalation, as in your case it works well.

• The 5.53 update does not change much coming from the 5.52. I don't think this update went wrong since every update checks the files for their validity before replacing them.

Regarding the AppData directory:

1) Make a backup of the whole directory before changing anything in it.

2) To reset the device or a specific activity, delete/rename the apropriate gps*.ini. Remember that the corresponding settings are lost with this action.

Profiles are defined in the order they appear if select profile is pressed, for me it is:

gps00.ini = Walking

gps01.ini = Mountain biking

gps02.ini = Speedbiking

If I delete/rename gps00.ini, my walking profile is reset and a new gps00.ini is created when this profil is used.

gps.ini is the ini file for all the settings which are independend from the activities.

Edit: Regarding Trackattack. What kind of trackfile are you using to attempt a trackattack?

TwoNav auf Loox N110, Evadeo X50, Sportiva (3.2.7 Papaluna Edition), Ultra (3.3.4 Special Edition)
    Grüsse, Uwe

• Thanks for detailed explanation!

Trackattack - I simply press "Go" > "Trackattack" > activity from the list.

So, I used one from the previously recorded activity - I checked it a few times, but the "green arrow" of the virtual partner does not apper, and the dist attack/time attack fields are "null".

I used either *.trk and *.gpx files.

I also checked it in the mobile app - but it the smartphone it works flawleslly.

Edit:

It is strange for me, as all the basic functions work well - like recording, wireless sharing, mapping, navigation - all them works as should.

Only specific functions does not work, also the function introduced with the ver. 5.5 of the firmware (course point choice does not work).

Edit2:

Is it possible to downgrade to the first (factory) firmware version of the Cross Plus?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von wmarek1974 ()

Vielen, vielen Dank ...
  • I just checked it on my device with an activity recorded yesterday (profile walking).

It is working (I see the red arrow with a "?" since I don't have a satfix now and a green arrow at the where the activity has started yesterday and a straight line connecting both arrows.

Maybe you could try it with another profile to check.

Edit:

Downgrade is not possible without special tools from the manufacturer.

Grüsse, Uwe

• TrackAttack:

If I do this without a gps fix:

Zitat

Trackattack - I simply press "Go" > "Trackattack" > activity from the list.

So, I used one from the previously recorded activity.

a red line from the last position to the start of the last activity appears (no green arrow).

Now I select Go to and the green arrows is shown.

Edit update:

After aquiring a satfix the green arrows disappeared and the distance to the theTrackAtt file goes to +0m but I'm 40km far from it. I guess I should start to attempt the track attack where the activity was recorded.

Grüsse, Uwe

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hedgehog ()

• Update:

With an activity the start recorded where I am now, both the green and the red arrow show up and the Distance Track Attack field is showing the correct distance in m (while I have satfix).

Grüsse, Uwe

Vielen, vielen Dank ...
  • I have no idea why Track Attack should work with autorouting active, since it is a special track routing function. I guess Twonav should deactivate autorouting itself while Track Attack is active but as I wrote before, I don't use it so I don't have a deeper inside into it.

Grüsse, Uwe

Vielen, vielen Dank ...
  • I am so sorry, but I must admit that it was my mistake - everything works smoothly.

Meanwhile I wrote also a ticket to Compe team which I have to withdraw.

I cannot complain about Cross Plus anymore.

• Don't be sorry for asking, glad you are satisfied with the device and we could help.

Grüsse, Uwe